Animated explainer videos can be a powerful marketing tool that can help boost your B2B business and help you acquire new customers.
Creating a well-made explainer video is probably the best favor you could do for your B2B brand.
With animated explainer videos, you can showcase your capabilities to the people who matter and take your company to the next level. But you need something more to make them shine.
For example, with 16.2% daily users and 48.5% that log in at least once a month, sharing a video on LinkedIn could greatly benefit your B2B brand.
“Content is fire, social media is gasoline.”
– Jay Baer, Author & internet pioneer
In this guide, we’ll examine how social media and B2B brands can work together, with some animated explainer video examples as the connecting link:
How should a B2B brand evaluate and measure social media success?
To answer the question "How can a B2B brand measure social media success?" you need to consider many factors:
- First, what goals have you set to boost your social media presence? What are you hoping to achieve? Are you looking to build brand awareness? Generate leads and sales? Drive traffic to your website? Once you've identified your goals, you can begin to measure your success against those goals.
- Second, consider the platform for your social media activity. Some platforms are better suited for certain types of companies than others. For example, LinkedIn works well for B2B companies, while Facebook is better suited for B2C companies.
Here is an example of how to evaluate social media success:
Once you've identified your goals and chosen a platform, you can begin to think about how you'll measure your success based on important metrics:
- Engagement: It measures how often people are interacting with your content. Engaged audiences are more likely to convert into customers or clients.
- Conversion: It measures how many of the people who see your content take action. This could be signing up for your newsletter or even just following you on social media.
- Customer education: By educating your audience about your product or service, you'll have a better chance of converting them into a client or customer.
These factors will help you understand what social media success looks like for a B2B brand.
Why do B2B brands underutilize Social Media Marketing?
Many B2B software businesses struggle to connect with their target audience because:
- They may not have the right strategy and in-house resources for content production
- They may not be using the right marketing channels. For example, they may not know how an Instagram story can help their business.
- Often, they are unsure of what type of content will appeal to the audience.
This is where animated explainer videos can help. They can increase customer engagement, drive traffic to the website, and help explain their product or service in an easy way.
Now that we have identified the factors responsible for social media success, let’s see how animated explainer videos can help achieve it:
How to boost your social media game with animated explainer videos?
1. Use them to build brand awareness
Social media is a new way to communicate and connect with people. But, how can a business stand out in a crowd?
Storytelling could be the answer to achieving social media success. Stories can help you share your message and build relationships.
The best way to tell a story is to create a narration of a sequence of events in chronological order, often with commentary and interpretation. This form of storytelling is called narrative storytelling.
Animated explainer videos are great storytellers. They can help you tell your brand story in an engaging, informative, and entertaining way. However, don't be afraid to show your personality and let your unique voice shine through.
Here is an example of an animated explainer video about Pinterest, the popular image sharing and social media service:
2. Use them to drive traffic to your website
Here are some ways to boost social media engagement and, in turn, increase website traffic:
- Use them to share timely and relevant content: Well-made explainer videos can drive website traffic when people click the CTA link at the end of the video to learn more about your company.
- Use them in social media ads: You can drive website traffic by directing users to specific landing pages on your site.
- Use industry leaders: You may find it challenging to engage with your target audience directly on social media, but you can get industry leaders to feature in an explainer video or a remote video testimonial and share positive messages about your brand.
- Use SEO: Include keywords in the title and description of explainer videos. You should choose an eye-catching thumbnail image that is relevant to your page. Your videos can rank higher if you include transcripts, which can help search engines index them better.
- A Content Beta study of the top 30 SaaS companies revealed that product explainer / demo videos are the most viewed on YouTube. This means that with a good explainer video and call to action you can get customers to visit your website.
3. Use them to share customer success stories
Sharing customer success stories on social media helps B2B brands to boost engagement. The stories can show potential customers that the company is invested in their success.
Explainer videos are a great way to show potential customers how your product has helped others achieve their goals.
With social media sharing, you can reach a larger audience. The more people see your customer success stories, the more likely they are to consider using your product. Furthermore, sharing customer success stories can help inspire other customers to be successful.
Be sure to include relevant keywords so that people can easily find your content. Use hashtags, tag other businesses, and post engaging photos and videos along with your story.
Here is how Salesforce shares its customer success stories using explainer videos. This one is about how VMware’s new business was launched on Salesforce’s marketing platform:
4. Use them to project your brand as customer-friendly
A B2B software company can benefit by building a community around its brand.
While it may seem like the company’s primary focus should be on its product, building a community around the brand can be just as important.
Community building doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. In fact, you create helpful content that can proactively solve customers’ problems.
Explainer videos are great for creating tutorials, onboarding videos, refresher courses, video courses, and just about every subject.
They give customers access to a knowledge base where they can interact with their peers in an informal setting.
By creating a space for customers and potential customers to interact, they can not only learn more about the product but also connect with other users
This sense of community can be beneficial in several ways:
- First, it can help create loyalty among customers and turn one-time buyers into lifelong fans.
- Second, it provides valuable feedback that the company can use to improve its product.
- Finally, it enables the company to connect with its target audience and understand what they want and need from a product.
Read the case study on how Content Beta helped DirectIQ to improve its customer education videos. Watch the animated explainer video from the series that helped DirectIQ reduce customer support tickets and increase user adoption:
5. Use them to position you as a thought leader
If you want to give your B2B brand a boost on social media, start by creating shareable content. The more shareable your content is, the more likely it is that people will see it and engage with it.
An animated explainer video is the best form of shareable content that can up a B2B brand's social media game. A well-made explained video can:
- Show off your product in the best light by demonstrating what your product does and how it can benefit potential customers. This can be a powerful marketing tool on social media where people are always looking for new products and services to try out.
- Demonstrate that you're an authority in your industry and that you're invested in providing the best possible experience for your customers. Trust and business are more likely to grow when people see you know what you're talking about.
Kissflow is a leading low-code no-code work platform. They realized that users value certifications because they are a recognition of users’ expertise that could lead to increased employability and earning potential. Kissflow responded by creating a comprehensive video course. Watch this animated explainer video from the series:
Why is Social Media Marketing important for B2B brands?
Marketing your business on social media is a cost-effective way to grow it. It is a simple and effective way to reach out to new customers and potential leads.
Social media marketing can be very useful for B2B companies because:
- It's a low-cost marketing strategy that can generate a lot of leads.
- It helps prospective customers to convert by providing them with product updates and customer video testimonials from satisfied customers.
- It empowers everyone from the CEOs to entry-level employees to tell their social media audience how the company can help customers solve their business problems.
- It helps customer service reps to proactively address complaints and answer customer questions.
As the social media landscape continues to evolve, so too do the opportunities for B2B brands to leverage social media to drive website traffic.
To summarize, social media success is about engaging with your audience meaningfully and consistently with useful content such as animated explainer videos that can do the job better than any other medium and at a fraction of the cost. 30 second explainer videos are in high demand at present, topping the trends list.
A reputed animated explainer video company can help you create videos using remote video production service if you lack the expertise or resources needed for video creation.