This article is divided into 4 parts:
- Part I: Introduction to explainer videos and lead generation
- Part II: How explainer videos can be used in video campaigns to help generate leads
- Part III: How explainer videos can be optimized to run successful video campaigns
- Part IV: Why explainer videos are effective and how to hire an external explainer video service
PART I: Introduction to Explainer Videos and Lead Generation
Animated explainer videos are great for getting people interested in your brand. Before we go in-depth on the subject let’s understand more about generating leads for your business.
1. What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation is the process of capturing potential customer interest or inquiries in a company’s products or services.
It typically involves website visits, web forms, calls-to-action (CTAs), search engine optimization (SEO), email campaigns, events, and more.
The goal of lead generation is to convert prospects into customers by providing them with educational content that communicates the value of a brand’s offerings.
2. How important is lead generation for B2B businesses?
Lead generation is an important part of the sales process because it identifies and attracts potential customers who are interested in a company's products or services.
The goal of lead generation is to help businesses to:
- Identify qualified leads who can eventually become paying customers and increase a company's revenue.
- Target their ideal customer, build brand awareness, and establish relationships with potential customers.
- Measure the success of their marketing efforts and determine which channels they should invest more resources into for growth.
- Enable companies to assess the effectiveness of their campaigns by tracking the response from each source.
- Craft personalized marketing messages and provide better customer service using the data about their customer profile and purchasing behaviors.
PART II: How to Use Explainer Videos to Generate Leads
Explainer videos are a great way to generate leads and engage with potential customers because they can explain complex concepts in a language anyone can understand.
In this section, we will see how you can generate leads and convert them into paying customers in no time with the right explainer video!
1. Increase conversion rates with lead-generation explainer videos
There’s no question that lead generation videos can help you to increase your conversion rates. An effective lead generation video depends on how well it is executed and targeted to the right audience, just like any other marketing tactic.
However, some general tips apply, regardless of the type or format of your video:
- Produce an engaging ad that leads people to want more information. Use strong visuals, interesting scripts, and creative angles that can hold viewers’ attention throughout.
- Pace the video to make it flow smoothly. Slower-paced videos can be more effective since people are more likely to watch them through.
- Make sure that what you say in your video aligns with your goals – whether it’s driving traffic or generating leads, and that it functions as a piece of marketing collateral instead of wasting viewers’ time.
Watch this live-action animated explainer video example created by Explainer Video Hero for VWO, an A/B testing tool.
2. Generate leads through video tours and demonstrations
Video tours and demonstrations are not only entertaining but they can also provide valuable information that people would want to know before making a purchase.
By creating video tours or demonstrating products, you’ll humanize your brand and show customers that you care about their needs. Here are some tips:
- Plan a tour or demonstration well so that there are no surprises along the way.
- Plan for some camera work – it might be helpful to have leads through video tours and demonstrations taking some photos or recording video footage for later use.
- After the tour or demonstration is complete, create marketing materials that feature clips from the event. You can host them on your website or as a promotional email.
Watch this live-action explainer video example created using snippets from nectar, an employee recognition software.
3. Get people talking about your product with explainer video case studies
By providing interesting, informative cases that demonstrate the benefits of using your product, you’ll foster a sense of curiosity in viewers. This will lead to more leads and increased sales.
- Make sure the explainer video case study is well-produced – good picture and sound quality are essential for creating an effective marketing tool.
- Be creative when selecting subjects for your case studies – there are no limits on what types of products or services you could feature in an explainer video.
- Plan a series of case studies – by featuring different products and services, you’ll get people talking about your product in a variety of ways.
Read this Explainer Video Hero case study about how they created an explainer video for Service Provider Pro, an all-in-one customizable client portal software for agencies.
The explainer video example appears in the Hero section of their website.
4. Maximize your reach with high-quality explainer videos
You can build a positive reputation for your company by producing high-quality explainer videos that clearly explain your product. This will encourage potential customers to take a closer look at it.
- Choose the right tools – Good footage looks professional and helps viewers understand what they’re seeing.
- Plan your scene sequence – Positioning imagery correctly will help you make a well-produced video.
- Use HD – The clarity ensures high brand awareness via explainer video marketing.
- Use sound effects strategically – Use them sparingly to enhance the overall video without overpowering it.
Watch this explainer video example from Buildots, a platform transforming construction sites into a data-driven digital environment, that makes use of all the elements mentioned earlier.
5. Attract leads from qualified prospects using explainer videos
Explainer videos act as lead magnets that attract leads from qualified prospects. By convincingly demonstrating the benefits of your product, you can quickly convert interested consumers into life-long customers.
- Plan your video strategy – Carefully consider the goals you want to achieve.
- Craft an engaging storyline – Build an easy-to-follow and exciting story to draw prospects in and keep them engaged.
- Use persuasive language – Use accurate terminology that appeals to qualified prospects.
- Create enticing content – Use engaging visual effects and high-quality audio to make viewers want to watch the video all the way through.
- Be strategic with visuals – Incorporate screenshots and images that illustrate key points in the video and help viewers avoid tedious reading.
Watch this explainer video example from Good.Lab, an ESG solution for mid-market companies, that appeals to qualified clients with its clarity, content, and creativity.
6. Reduce customer acquisition costs using explainer videos
Explainer videos can help reduce customer acquisition costs (CAC).
- This is because videos are often seen as being more informative and engaging than text-only materials, which can lead potential buyers to make a purchase decision faster.
- Use them to better communicate their product features and benefits – making it easier for customers to understand what they’re getting themselves into.
- Use an engaging story and persuasive language to reduce the amount of time needed to convert leads into customers. In fact, you can even create 30 second explainer videos!
Watch this explainer video example from Recurly, a Subscription Management & Recurring Billing Platform.
7. Improve brand awareness using explainer videos
By showing potential buyers what the company is about, an explainer video can help increase customer loyalty and interest in purchasing their products or services. You can use them to:
- Provide a brief overview of the company – which may lead to increased curiosity on the part of potential customers.
- Improve brand awareness and customer loyalty and make them open to purchasing your products or services.
This brand explainer video example from Spotify, the audio streaming and media services provider, and uses funky music, graphics, and animation to promote the brand to a young audience.
PART III: How to Optimize Explainer Video Campaigns for Lead Generation
Video campaigns help businesses create a comprehensive explanation of their services and products. Consumers can watch a video campaign and learn how the product works or what they will receive if they choose to purchase it.
Secondly, videos enable businesses to promote their brand identity, as the visuals help create a strong and memorable impression in the minds of consumers.
In this section, we will discuss how to make video campaigns reach a wider audience by optimizing them for social media platforms.
1. Include researched keywords
To run a successful video campaign, it is important to conduct thorough research into what key terms people are searching for. This will help you get the maximum exposure when you post your video online.
- Include relevant keywords in your video's title, description, and tags to increase your visibility on different social media platforms and search engines. Doing this can help bring more viewers to your website, which is essential for growing an audience.
- Target specific keywords to help narrow down who is seeing the content, which leads to higher engagement rates within those groups of people.
Watch this video about how to find keywords for YouTube videos by Brian Dean, an SEO entrepreneur.
2. Include a call to action
Include a call to action that encourages viewers to take further action:
- It could be as simple as asking viewers to subscribe to your channel or visit your website for more information.
- You could offer a discount code or promotional offer if they take a specific action. Be clear and easy for viewers to understand and act on whatever you offer.
- Provide links that send viewers directly to where they need to go. Additionally, let them know how taking action will benefit them.
Watch this live-action explainer video created by Explainer Video Hero for Book Like A Boss, a booking page builder, that includes a simple call to action.
3. Use social media
You can leverage social media to promote your video campaigns, maximize engagement, and build a loyal following that will support your business. Create content around your video campaigns and post it on popular platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Create original content: Use fresh language and imagery to stand out from the competition.
- Include a link: This will allow users to watch the videos directly from the platform.
- Reply to comments: By responding to comments and engaging with viewers, you can create a positive connection that will continue to draw customers your way.
- Use hashtags and trending topics: Use relevant keywords in your posts to boost awareness of your video campaigns and connect with prospects.
YouTube Shorts are great for quick explainer videos. According to a Content Beta study, this market is untapped, with only 26% of top SaaS companies using them. This means your B2B brand can gain the early-adopter advantage.
4. Measure campaign effectiveness
To accurately measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaign, you need to track several key metrics.
- These include views, which show how many people have seen your content; engagement, which measures the level of interaction with your content; and leads, which are potential customers who have shown an interest in your product or service.
- By tracking these metrics over time, you can gain valuable insights into what's working and what isn't, allowing you to adjust and optimize your strategy.
Watch this video on analytics using YouTube Studio.
PART IV: What makes explainer videos effective lead generators and how to hire an external animated explainer video company
In this section, we discuss what makes animated explainer videos – sometimes also known as explainer video animation and animation explainer videos – a great way to generate leads.
We will also look at explainer video cost and how to get one for your B2B business if you do not know how to make an explainer video.
1. Why are explainer videos a great way to boost lead generation?
Explainer videos have become a popular tool for lead generation because they are an effective way to engage with prospective customers. They boost lead generation because they help:
- Create a memorable visual and audio experience for potential customers, setting them apart from other marketing methods.
- Demonstrate the value of your product or service quickly and deliver insights into how it can benefit the customer.
- Showcase what current customers have gained from your product or service to help potential customers feel more confident about purchasing it.
- Maximize your return on investment for this type of marketing initiative as they are cheaper compared to traditional television commercials or long-form video ads.
- Utilize visuals and storytelling to simplify complex topics, so viewers understand the importance of purchasing the product or service.
- Attract potential customers as they can be embedded on multiple digital channels such as websites and social media accounts.
2. What do animated explainer video production services charge for creating explainer videos?
A top explainer video company like Explainer Video Hero (EVH) follows a fixed explainer video pricing policy. EVH has produced some of the best animated explainer videos for the top companies in the world.
They offer remote video production services and their charges are as follows:
- $2,000/ minute for Animated Explainer Videos
- $1,000/ minute for Live-action Explainer Videos
Explainer videos are a powerful tool for businesses seeking to increase their lead generation. A video communicates a product's concept and idea quickly and engagingly, allowing customers to grasp the benefits.
The best explainer videos provide customers with essential information in an entertaining package that is easy to digest and actionable. This helps companies attract more leads who will be more likely to purchase their products or services.
Finally, explainer videos spread brand awareness and capture more leads because they are shareable and can go viral.